Re: [LUG] What's the equivalent of Audacity?

On 08/07/10 09:03, David wrote:
On 7/7/2010 9:57 PM, Grant Sewell wrote:
A bit of an odd question, I know, but I've been compiling a list of
commonly used software that Schools might already be using and a list
of their Free Software equivalents.  I hadn't thought about Audacity
until today when one of my students said that's what they were using in
their audio module.  It got me thinking... I don't even know what the
non-Free Software equivalent(s) of Audacity are!

So, anyone got any good suggestions?

It has to be something that is *like* Audacity in some respect, and
something that costs money too.  Windows programs are preferred.

Also, whilst we're at it: any non-Free Software alternatives to Ardour
and LMMS?

Grant.

Ahhh. LMMS, great bit of software. The equivalent would be FL Studio.

Dave.

And while we're on the subject
http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=newbies&DokuWiki=53a1eccc169e4b9d5664b320c15cd1df
Music on Linux is quite impressive these days -
I turned 50 last year and using MuseScore and a piano I'm finally learning to read and play music. Anyone know anyone whos deaf and might like a nice house when the neighbours move out? Oh hang on he's learning the sax in retaliation....
Tom te tom te tom