[LUG] Norwich City Council pass Open Source Motion

Hi All,

I thought I would share the following from the fsfe-uk group (with my
annotations)

History
Open Source, Open Standards and Re-Use: Government Action Plan was first
drafted in February 2009.

See Link:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/media/253407/Open%20Source%20Final.pdf

A revised version was published in January 2010 by Angela Smith (then)
Minister of State for the Cabinet Office

See Link:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/media/318020/open_source.pdf

The Green Party Members of Norwich City Council have been seeking to get
a motion forwarded and carried by the council, the following is a
reformatted (but unchanged) email from an open source software news
group written by Christopher Cotton christophercotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx who
is the Political Assistant to the Green Party Members of Norwich City
Council.