Re: [LUG] first computer

On 25/06/10 09:44, richard wrote:

He already starts wesnoth from terminal.
We have a revo under the tv for iplayer etc and they are great.
Mainly James wants to watch things on utube, google stuff, and play
those little games like bejeweled. He likes tux paint. It would be nice
if he grew up with linux as I have learnt so much since I started using
it that his time wouldn't be wasted. They have windows at school with
lots of subscribe to services which you can't get at home, unless we pay
to join them of course.

Well a netbook has the advantage of not being stuck in one place, he can move around with the machine, and they're reasonably cheap and probably just right for a little persons fingers.

Or a Revo, but then it's going to be tied to one location.

You know, I'd still be tempted to get him one of my other suggestions too (see the Tinyurl links), just so he can learn proper programming.

Rob