Re: [LUG] first computer

On 25/06/10 08:59, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:35 AM, richard <rjs1064@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I rather rashly said my six year old son could have a computer for his next
birthday, I thought about a netbook. Does anyone have any ideas ?

I think you should be harsh and start him off with a really low
spec'ed computer - command line only. haha!

Just think - what a total guru he will grow up to be! hahaha!
Best wishes
roly :-)

He already starts wesnoth from terminal.
We have a revo under the tv for iplayer etc and they are great.
Mainly James wants to watch things on utube, google stuff, and play those little games like bejeweled. He likes tux paint. It would be nice if he grew up with linux as I have learnt so much since I started using it that his time wouldn't be wasted. They have windows at school with lots of subscribe to services which you can't get at home, unless we pay to join them of course.