Re: [LUG] Speaking of Perl

Martijn Grooten wrote:

> Now I can see why PHP
> has taken over for website development, as it is a lot more
> user-friendly

I think PHP sucks in comparison to Perl.

In what way do you think PHP is more user friendly? PHP too often seems
like an ill thought out collection of function names to me most of the
time. Not that I'm a great fan of Perl, but PHP is just poor all round
as far as I can see, the main benefit being that it is slightly more
likely to be installed and available on random 3rd party hosting.

> So do people still use Perl professionally?

Yes.