Re: [LUG] Fast link over a short distance

On 18/06/2010 17:39, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
G'day,

Since we are talking about wireless over a large distance, we are at the other end and want high speed (as fast as posible) across a small distance, across the road. At the moment we can't string fiber for many reasons, but I might cut a slot in the road one day for it.

What other options are there? We have a laser link between two other buillings, but they are not cheap.

One important question. How wide is the road? For me, across the road to the neighbour's house would be ~40 feet or so. For a friend who lives in the town centre it's more like 20-30. In one residential area I know the road in question is a dual carriageway.

Julian