Re: [LUG] Connecting two points 500m apart

On 17/06/10 11:22, Dan Dart wrote:
Still I guess UDP streaming by pigeon might work.

Huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

My point is (maybe I don't understand ping correctly here) but when you ping a device, doesn't it send a packet to the device (Echo request) and then send a response back (Echo reply)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping#Message_format

So basically the pigeon is sending an Echo request, but surely there would need to be some sort of return path for the Echo reply to get back to the original sender (such as another pigeon going the other way, or someone sending the Echo reply in the post etc)?

Rob