Re: [LUG] Connecting two points 500m apart

On 17/06/10 10:15, Steven CÃtà wrote:

    A trail of ants! Each carrying either a seed or not-seed (1 and 0) -
    takes a lot of time to set up, and the bandwidth isn't great..

That's a pretty non-standard solution. You'd be much better off
referencing an actual rfc if this the direction we're going in.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2549

This rfc is actually an ammendment of rfc1149
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149), but you may want to consider the
older spec due to the existence of a reference implementation:
http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/

Just reading this, I presume unless there was some sort of return path for the ping reply, wouldn't it be limited to UDP?

Still I guess UDP streaming by pigeon might work.

Unless you have two sets of pigeons at each end.

Rob