Re: [LUG] Mint 7 Problems

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:28:34 +0000 (GMT)
L Smith wrote:

> When I try to use the package or software managers a pop up say's
> "unable to grab mouse, a malicious client may be eavesdropping or
> another program has taken focus" .. anyone any ides?
>
> LS

I've had a similar error in Ubuntu and Debian when using Synergy.
Essentially what would happen is that I'd open something that requires
gksu/gksudo and then zip my mouse off-screen so I could use it on the
other computer (ahh, the joys of Synergy) - if I had done so too
quickly, the gksu/gksudo would complain about not being able to grab
the mouse, etc, etc.

Are you running any other applications that 'grab' the mouse?  I've
seen some Java apps that do (a long time ago, mind) and I know
VirtualBox can do so as well.  Also, if you're running Mint inside a
VirtualBox virtual machine and you zip the mouse *out* of the
VirtualBox screen, it might have this effect.

Grant.