Re: [LUG] Meeting 19th

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 08/06/2010 21:16, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I know there was a plan to come up to holsworthy  this has now been put
>> on hold as we have a chance to do another install in Paignton.
>>
>> Therefore the Paignton meeet will be on the same date as the Holsworthy
>> meet however the meeting in paignton will be at
>>
>> Lighthouse, 26 esplanade road, Paignton,  starting at 2pm or if you want
>> to come before that for lunch that is fine,  there is a drive way at the
>> side if you want to drop stuff off.  Should be ok to drive on to the
>> slipway right at the front of the building (it depends on how busy it
>> is, and what else is going on) either way the multi storey car park is 5
>> mins walk away.
>>
>> Perhaps we can get some sort of internet link up between the two
>> meetings thats if the lighthouse have their internet sorted by then.
>> But I don't think having internet is that essential.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Depending on what distro you were thinking of, we could probably use
> something like Apt on CD or is it Apt Cacher(?) to make a copy of any
> required packages.
>
> Did you have any ideas of which distro to install?
>
> Rob

what about just sticking ubuntu on it,  that way at least I am familiar
with it, and can help people.  If you start with things like mint I need
to figure out how to solve the problem or what the problem is and ask
here before I even start.

Ubuntu has a strong community of support, regular updates and is to me
easy to use as any other distro.  on the gui side anyway.

We just need a few cd's

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton - www.zleap.net
DCGLUG MEETINGS

Next Holsworthly meet : 2pm Saturday June 19th - White Hart
Next Paignton Lug meet : TBA