Re: [LUG] random keyboard errors

On 02/06/10 18:26, Paul Sutton wrote:

tom wrote:
On 02/06/10 17:14, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

I have a weird problem with my 2nd pc, i can boot it up as far as bios
screen fine, however i press delete to enter the bios which works fine,
and i get in,  if I then try and navigate the bios i get nothing no
response from pressing the keys on the keyboard,

any ideas as to the cause, i have tried a different keyboard and get the
same error,  the keyboard works fine on my main pc

it just seems weird,  as i would have thought if there was a connection
issue it would either work or not work.

I think its more likely a bios problem.
Can you boot a cd /disk/usb so you can re-flash the bios?
Tom te tom te tom

I fixed it, it seems it was a Ram error,  removed offending stick and it
was fine, odd as i have been using that memory for ages
now what i need is 2x pc100 128mb out of my bits box to have max ram on
this box,
I may have some but they are a bit inaccessible at the moment !
in the meantime 192 mb will have to do for xubuntu and xfce
agoraphobia! If it is a problem I might be able to have alook next week when our guests leave...
Tom te tom te tom