Re: [LUG] New router security

On 01/06/2010 17:46, Julian Hall wrote:
On 01/06/2010 15:27, Rob Beard wrote:
The problem comes though when you want to connect up devices via wifi which don't support WPA. Saying that the only device I've found that doesn't support WPA is the Nintendo DS (and DS Lite)* which only support no encryption, WEP or AOSS.
You could theoretically put any such devices in the DMZ and limit their access to the rest of the network?

Julian

Yep, this is what I've done, more or less. I put in an additional wireless access point setup for WEP and it's on a separate network firewalled by IPCop running on VMWare. I only tend to enable it when the kids want to play Mario Kart on their DS Lites.

Rob