Re: [LUG] External USB drive

Philip Whateley wrote:

> I have an external USB 1Tb drive, formatted as NTFS (but also see note
> about USB flash drives below).
>
> I am running Ubuntu 9.10 AMD64.
>
> The external drive used to automount up until two days ago. Now it
> doesn't, and as far as I know I haven't changed any settings.

No specific help.

But what happened two days ago? Reboot? Check the dpkg log to see if a
security update or other software applied two days ago or since previous
reboot. Did you poke anything USB or /dev related?

Does it affect all users or just you (i.e. add a new account and see if
it works for that user).

I assume you tried a reboot ;)