Re: [LUG] Socket A cpus?

David Bell wrote:
On Wednesday 19 May 2010 19:18:46 tom wrote:
Got an old motherboard with a 1.25Ghz Athlon (socket A in it) and
looking to put in a faster one - any one know a retailer

Have you tried Ebay?

Only silly stuff there. I used to use a company (liverpool?) that used to have old gear but I've lost their details and cant track them down, I'd like to put in a faster cpu (its a 10 year old mb so it will probably last a lot longer than a new one) but the e-bay stuff seems to be on blackmail prices.
I guess I'll have to go to a big town and see if I can find some skips....
Tom te tom te tom