Re: [LUG] Disable graphical boot on Xubuntu 10.04

If you still want Xorg to exist and just not start on boot, then you'll have to stop the display manager from running. I'm not 100% sure how the new upstart system works, you would want to stop GDM from loading (I'm assuming Xbuntu still uses GDM, can anyone confirm?). The config for that is in:
/etc/init/gdm.conf

To answer my own question, it looks like Xbuntu uses xdm rather than gdm. I don't have it installed here to be certain, but I'd expect that the upstart config file would be '/etc/init/xdm.conf' instead.