Re: [LUG] may day may day help required Re: Meeting reminder

cheers john, i can wait till then as ive got my trusty mac. its only around 50 gig of stuff and i can carry on living if there is a technical hitch for whatever reason... the last thing i wanna do though is send the laptop to the dump when its still possible to resurect it plus dell laptop has the right outputs for my projecter without using a quality limiting adapter unlike my mac

cheers again, see you all on the 19th

sam

From: John Williams <subbass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 17 May, 2010 20:16:31
Subject: Re: [LUG] may day may day help required Re: Meeting reminder

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 17:49 +0100, tom wrote:
> quincy Quimbo wrote:
> > hey i just joined this group, and im having some serious meltdown
> > issues with my dell.. amongst the handicaps im suffering include
> > broken disk drive, missing arrow keys, trojan virus all of this
> > seriously hampering my efforts to get it back up and running. is this
> > for the meeting or can anyone help me prior to a meet up
> >
> > im new to ubunto and am really interested in learning the ropes
> >
> > im in the hartland area but biderford and barnstaple are in my
> > traveling range and anywhere else on that radius.... anyone up for a
> > challenge
> >
> > many many thanks
> >
> > sam
> It might take a bit longer than a meeting but we could at least see if
> where the next move might be?
> Sorry but I cant guarantee to be there...
> Tom te tom te tom

I can bring in a portable HDD to back up on to at a meeting, I have a
couple, if necessary I can clear one off and have 160GB free, of course
that much would take quite some time to move. Personally speak I get
very nervous around other people data when doing things like resizing
partitions and installing OS's and really wouldn't want to touch it
without a backup.

The next monthly meeting in Holsworthy is June 19th thats a bit of a
wait I'm afraid. Hartland is a bit far for me to be able to pop out and
give a hand sooner unfortunately.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides