Re: [LUG] CD Inserts for Ubuntu CD's

On 08/05/10 19:00, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Rob Beard<rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
 From what I've seen the quality is actually quite good albeit in black and
white, but much better than a hand written CD.

Other option for those who have a printer that can print CDs is printable
CDs which can be printed in colour and look good.

Rob

I've heard mixed things about those printable CDs.  Some have said
they're easy to do and you get superb results - others have said that
frequently the print is misaligned unless you're printing it in B&W
only.  It could be dependant on printer type and software used though.

Grant.

I used to have an Epson Stylus Photo R200 and it printed perfectly, with a good quality disc I could get photo quality images, although I tended to use cheaper discs but text and colour graphics was still sharp.

I can't comment on other printers though, I gather Canon do a printer which can print on CDs although I've never used one to compare it to the Epson.

Rob