Re: [LUG] CD Inserts for Ubuntu CD's

On 08/05/10 13:28, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:25:03 +0100
John Williams wrote:

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/frczrtj1/ubuntu_cd.jpg

The finished cd's. I think they look a lot more appealing that just a
plain hand written CD in a sleeve. Especially when you are asking
someone to replace their bought for OS with it. It is still a hand
written CD inside the sleeve, but still :]

We could overcome the handwritten-disc obstacle still... I have a
LightScribe drive and I imagine I'm not the only one.  I've never used
it with any LightScribe compatible discs, but the results on t'Interweb
seem to suggest that it can look pretty good.  I'm just downloading the
LightScribe software now (from LightScribe themselves).  Certainly the
media doesn't seem too expensive (I've only checked eBuyer).

Grant.

From what I've seen the quality is actually quite good albeit in black and white, but much better than a hand written CD.

Other option for those who have a printer that can print CDs is printable CDs which can be printed in colour and look good.

Rob