Re: [LUG] Video link-up..

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If anyone in Holsworthy wants to try & you can get internet access there,
> then connect a PC running Ekiga up to the following account:
>
> Add SIP Account:
>
>  Name:         DCGLUG
>  Registrar:    vdsx10.drogon.net
>  User:         202
>  Auth. User:   202
>  Pass:         baRdeade
>
> Test it by dialling *60 - that'll play music on hold, and *61 will echo
> everything back to you (including video)
>
> For someone in Paignton:
>
>  Name:         DCGLUG
>  Registrar:    vdsx10.drogon.net
>  User:         201
>  Auth. User:   201
>  Pass:         admigImp
>
> Video codecs supported are: H261, H263, H263p and H264. You may need extra
> codec support for Ekiga under Debian, but Ubuntu ought to be fine.
>
> The package I have is called: OPAL3.6.4-plugins-nonfree and it gives all the
> usual ones - H263p and H264)
>
> Note that I can't transcode - so both ends need to be using the same codec,
> and as I'm handling the data stream, I can only handle the above mentioned
> codecs, so even though Ekiga supports free codecs, I can't )-: I suggest you
> get those plugins and stick to H263p (aka H263-1999) or H264. My end will
> prefer them in the order: H261, H263, H263p, H264, so if you want to use
> H264 (the best in terms of quality), then you'll need to turn the others
> off.
>
> Extensions: 200 - me, 201 - Paignton, 202 Holsworthy.
>
> It's asterisk, so really only supports one person registering to an account
> at any one time, (the last person to register will be the only one which
> will ring on an incoming call) however if anyone wants to login to those now
> and play, it'll work just fine.
>
> (This is also a customers PBX, so I'll be recycling it tomorow for them to
> use on monday ;-)
>
> Enjoy ;-)
>
> Gordon

Hi Gordon

Just had a brief try at this. But it did not work, largely because I
really don't know what I'm doing! Must get back to essay now in any
case. Maybe next time.

I hope you folks have a good meeting, sorry I missed it.

Best wishes
Roly (@ home in paignton)