Re: [LUG] New router

On 29/04/2010 12:22, Edwin Rhodes wrote:
We have a bt home hub router, which has some good features, however not as
stable as I would like, have to reboot about once a week.
Ed
Edimax make a couple of routers with USB ports. The BR-6215Srg which I have has two enabling you to share a USB hard drive as well as printer over the network.

Be warned though, make sure you have the latest firmware as the hard disk I had shared on mine was visible over the Internet, despite deliberately disabling the option. Once the firmware was updated the problem went away. Mine has been in service a couple of years now and needs resetting every so often, maybe once every couple of weeks at most.

Julian