Re: [LUG] New router

On 29/04/10 12:22, Edwin Rhodes wrote:
We have a bt home hub router, which has some good features, however not as
stable as I would like, have to reboot about once a week.
Ed

The BT Home Hub is locked to BT Broadband though, and at that, the Home package, it won't even work with BT Total Business Broadband!

Now I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, and I don't know how good this particular model is, but Draytek have a Vigor 2710 which has a USB port for printer sharing...

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2710.html

You won't get much change out of about £75 though. It will however also support ADSL2+ (so up to 24 Meg if your ISP supports it) and Wireless N (up to 300Mbit with a compatible wireless adaptor).

I've had some experience with Draytek routers, I've always known them to pretty much offer features that the more 'home' type routers don't tend to offer, along with good reliability.

Also Gordon tends to recommend them too, and since he deals with more business class broadband services, I'd also take that as a good recommendation.

Rob