[LUG] AAO hacking [Re: Lifespan of an SSD [Was Re: Setting up new disk.]]

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, John Williams wrote:

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 06:56 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

even a mod. for the AAO (and others) to replace their slow SSD with a much
faster CF device!

I have been wanting to increase the ram in my AAO to 2GB and upgrade the
awful SSD it ships with, but I lack the skills in putting back together
what I take apart :P

There's a lot online about how to take them apart (& put them together again!) I had to take mine apart when the power connector broke - there is a single laptop dimm socket on the underside of the motherboard (which means a full dissasembly) and that'll take a 1GB dimm (not sure if it'll take 2GB) so will give you 1.5GB in total.

I found a video on youtube...

One goot tip the woman on the video gave was to use a credit card to split the case rather than a screwdriver...

Gordon