Re: [LUG] Those joggler things ...

On 27/04/2010 11:46, Simon Robert wrote:
Absolutely concur with the above. I have no real use for the thing other than I like gizmos and this was cheap, also I'm on o2 anyhow. The calendar stuff that sends text to ones mobile as reminders is quite useful, as is weather and traffic. Can't see any reason to put ubuntu on it other than to have a web browser, which would be neat. But I have a PC, a net book, an archos tablet (anyone want to buy an archos 7?), a coco tin and a bit of string..... so interweb conectivity is not a problem. Looks quite nice in the sitting room displaying the date/time and/or photos.

Simon
Quick question... I see Google Maps is now available from the O2 Apps Store. Would this mean the Joggler could be used as a REALLY big SatNav, or does it just mean you can look up routes in a static form like on maps.google.com ?

Julian