Re: [LUG] Linux OU course

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25/04/10 18:03, Roland Tarver wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Rob Beard
>>
>>> Does that include exam fees etc (and am I right in thinking it's only
>>> £185
>>> rather than say 3 lots of £185?)
>>
>> Yes. £185 total fee. :-)
>>

>>> If so, doesn't seem too bad really if you get a recognized qualification
>>> at
>>> the end of it.
>>>
>>> Am I right in thinking you can use the points too with other points from
>>> other OU courses to build up a degree type qualification?
>>
>> Correct. I had to do 2 OU short courses to get on my degree program,
>> both 10 points each. The quality is excellent. At least in my
>> experience of the OU.
>>

> Interesting, I was considering a while back going back to college and
> studying, but with a family to support I figured I wouldn't be able to
> afford it, although something like this might well just be the ideal sort of
> thing, studying at home in my spare time.
>
> Rob
>
> --

OU degrees are very flexible and world renowned. You can do it in your
own time, as you like. I would recommend it. My mum, whose career has
been in education, has her BSc with the OU.

GO mum hehe!

But don't just take my word for it, why not do a short course and get
some personal experience of it.

Anyone else on the list done OU study previously/currently?

Best wishes
roly