Re: [LUG] Linux OU course

On 25/04/10 18:03, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Rob Beard

Does that include exam fees etc (and am I right in thinking it's only £185
rather than say 3 lots of £185?)

Yes. £185 total fee. :-)

If so, doesn't seem too bad really if you get a recognized qualification at
the end of it.

Am I right in thinking you can use the points too with other points from
other OU courses to build up a degree type qualification?

Correct. I had to do 2 OU short courses to get on my degree program,
both 10 points each. The quality is excellent. At least in my
experience of the OU.

Interesting, I was considering a while back going back to college and studying, but with a family to support I figured I wouldn't be able to afford it, although something like this might well just be the ideal sort of thing, studying at home in my spare time.

Rob