Re: [LUG] Wi-Fi Access Points ...

On 21/04/10 15:39, Dan Dart wrote:
It would require the purchase of a PCI Wi-Fi card - which I don't already have.
Or a USB one - about Â7

I'd need to leave those PCs on all the time.
Yeah, bogus.

I'd say the running costs of a PC would be more than a router (not sure if it would cost more to run over a year than the cost of a router plus running costs), and even if Gordon was to get a low powered PC (like what he uses for his VoIP boxes) then he'd still possibly have to fork out for one (again costing more than a router).

I'd have said a cheap router, but considering my Dad bought a cheap (around Â30) ADSL router which lasted him about 3 years before the PSU went pop, maybe a Draytek would last longer.

Rob