Re: [LUG] Someone on the list rejecting email?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Juan J. Martínez wrote:

I guess mutt it's better than pine dealing with base64 encoded
messages :) Anyway... pine? come on!!! upgrade! :D

Why? And to What?

I did try to get Alpine going, but it wouldn't compile and I didn't have the time (at the time) to fix it, and the .deb they have won't install under Lenny. (it's aimed at sarge).

I have no desire for a graphical email program - doesn't work well from dial-up or an ssh connection, and I often find myself at the mercy of nothing more than a 2G GPRS connection when putty/ssh & pine works, but even downloading headers via imap is too slow.

Gordon