Re: [LUG] Skype on Linux

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, tom wrote:

Has anyone tried the Skype for Linux client
or better still know of an open source app to connect to skype?

I doubt you'll ever see an open source Skype client - it's 100% proprietary and locked-down.

Digum (the asterisk people) do offer a Skype for Asterisk module, but it's supplied as a binay blob - and licnsed on a per channel basis. They keep sending me spam trying to get me to buy into it, so I guess they spent a lot of money with Skype to get their code so they could integrate it).

Gordon