Re: [LUG] [mailing list post] thunderbird problem

tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> madtom1999 sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/contact.
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong form but:
> My ubuntu upgraded firefox yesterday to 3.5.4 and now my thunderbird has
> stopped working - on startup it says it cant initialise the security
> module and I cant send mail as ssl isnt loaded (no ssl needed for my BB
> account).
> This seems to be an upgrade bug - a lot of people are getting it.
> DONT close down thunderbird or allow the FF upgrade...
> Tom te tom te tom

Hi Tom,

as you can see from my recent emails I have upgraded to FF v 3.6. On my
desktop I can't get java now, although with a bit of effort I expect it
would be easy enough. I also upgraded my laptop to FF v 3.6 and java is
fine there.

However, on both of them thunderbird is fine. I went straight from FF
v3.0.19 to v 3.6, so I bypassed v 3.5.4. Anyway, for what it's worth FF
v 3.6 does not seem to cause any problems with TB.

Neil