Re: [LUG] Firefox 3.6 and java

El dom, 11-04-2010 a las 11:11 +0100, NW escribiÃ:
> [...]
> Looking at the FF help files etc I am asked to download java to my
> computer to get it to work on the new version. So my questions are,
> why do I need to install something that I already have installed? Why
> didn't v3.6 find it? Will I have any problems if I do install the new
> version of java?

OK, FF 3.6 dropped OJI support (the way Java used to interact with the
browser, now it's being replaced with newer stuff).

AFAIK, that's why FF 3.6 doesn't support OpenJDK and you must use SUN's
JRE 6 update 10 or later:

http://java.com/en/download/faq/firefox_newplugin.xml

Cheers,

Juanjo