Re: [LUG] Nas box

"It supports Software RAID (0,1,5)"

What? No RAID 6? Did no-one think to provide a solution for absolutely massive disk arrays?

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Steph Foster <steph.p.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nice, thanks guys.

Steph

On 10/04/2010 11:06, steve wrote:
On 10/04/10 10:55, Neil Stone wrote:
Yes.. freenas is your friend...I use it with my oldest pentium III box as a file server. It's highly configurable and supports many network protocols including ftp ssh cifs etc.

Can be easily controlled through the web GUI and thus controlled remotely.

regards,

Steve