Re: [LUG] [mailing list post] digital rights

Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:

> (Incidentally, what's with the union jack on the CNN site? Did
> somebody draw it with their eyes closed?)

The copyright (and legal) status of flags is a fascinating area of
history, but there are vast numbers which are both well drawn and freely
distributable. Probably wisest to use one of those, and not modify it,
in most cases. Just in case you discover you've broken some punitive
legislation in some far flung country.

The stars and stripes, supporting freedom of speech in the constitution
can be abused in any way Americans see fit, which is probably the best
reason not to abuse it.

I believe the Union flag is still technically a royal flag, so
presumably we have to do what the Queen says.