Re: [LUG] Install day was Re: Potential new Linux user near Holsworthy - Needs laptop & some help getting started?!

Paul Sutton wrote:

That reminds me, I still haven't sorted out the bit of free Ubuntu
promotion with them, considering Ubuntu 10.04 is being released at the
end of the month, it might be a great time to get the article in the
Herald Express and see if we can get a mention of the possible upcoming
install day.

Rob

Re install day thanks for reminding me,  i have been kinda tied up with
other stuff, like trying to promote the lug meet on the 10th,

When i next see mark I will ask him,  i would mention an install day is
being planned but direct people to the lug website,  for news on events
and stuff,  (i'll leave you to figure out wording etc)

Paul

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping the article will get a mention that the computer runs Ubuntu and it's improved productivity 1000%, saved them money and has been greener to the environment.

I've got to get together with the folks at the Woodend Project about the article so I'll report back when I know more.

Rob