Re: [LUG] The tablet everyone is talking about..

tom wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

This was posted on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list. I'm sure it'll be of great interest to some of the folks on here...

No, not that Apple thing, but the O2 Joggler.

50 quid (for 14 days from 2nd April) and free delivery gets you a 7
inch touch screen device with:-

1.3GHz Intel Atom CPU
1GB storage
512MB RAM
Wired ethernet
Broadcom b/g/n WiFi
Audio + headphone jack
USB port

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

It seems to come with a cut-down version of Ubuntu Hardy and can be
flashed to run 'proper' Ubuntu or Netbook Edition if you wish.

I thought it might be useful as a mythtv frontend for my desk or
bedside, or maybe even an IP telephone when paired with a suitable USB
headset.

Some links I've gathered:-

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
http://robhu.livejournal.com/750902.html
http://magician.gforums.de/wiki/index.php5?title=UNE_Installation
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=21187242
http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/07/01/O2-Joggler/p1
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/253801/o2-joggler
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app-

Cheers,
Al.

Now that may just be what I'm looking for to do music on my piano
How easy is it to re-flash?
Tom te tom te tom

Reading some of the links, it appears it can run Ubuntu by putting some sort of USB storage in (USB stick, flash card in a USB adaptor or maybe USB hard drive) and then it can modified to boot from the USB device.

Not entirely sure how to do it as I haven't got one although I am interested and may well pick one up.

Rob