Re: [LUG] Solaris 10 only free for 90 days!

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Rhia Knowles wrote:

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/03/solaris-10-no-longer-free-as-in-beer-now-a-90-day-trial.ars

Solaris has gone for mandatory paid service contracts with Solaris.
OpenSolaris stays free, but won't be getting the full features of the new
commercial Solaris project.

I have to say; "So What?" or "Whom will that inconvenience" ... because let's face it, the only people using Solaris for anything other than fun or low-impact use will be the big commercial people and they'll be paying for support anyway. I spent several years in the SunOS and Solaris world and am not looking back and if I really did want to look at Slowraris again, there's still Open Solaris.. But I've really, really no intentions of ever doing so.

Money grubbing capitalists....

Hm.

Gordon (aka self-employed money grubbing capatalistic business man)