Re: [LUG] cable query

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:01:12AM +0100, richard wrote:
> is this the right cable to connect an acer revo to our router?
> i want to have it under the tv as a boxee type box, and our walls are a
> bit thick for wireless. tia richard

Any standard CAT5 cable should do.  If you don't want to run cables, a pair of
HomePlug devices (network over mains) will probably do the job.  They plug into a
mains socket and have an ethernet socket on them, connect one to your Revo and one
to your router.  IIRC they are normally about 40 quid for a pair of 85 mbi ones
although prices an vary (and you can get up to 200bit ones).

Rob