[LUG] showing a series of jpgs

Hello

I am giving a talk tomorrow evening using a projector - I have never
done this before except with a presentation programme with text. As I
can move from one picture to another using konqueror or gwenview I
thought this would be good except they move to the next picture in
alphabetical order. I could of course rename everything or go back to
the folder each time which is clumsy and hard on the eyes for the
audience!

The second issue is to zoom in on a part of the picture (it is about
bees and a closeup says much more to the audience than I could say).
However, I would have to zoom out on EVERY picture as both programmes
seem to offer a zoomed in picture. I can do this using Ctrl-scroll with
the mouse wheel so it is not too painful for the audience.

I tried F-spot but seemed only to be able to load folders with the same
problem - perhaps tagging each photo would do it.

Is there an easy way to do this? Sharon was showing how easy it was in
iPhoto - we bought her a Macbook Pro and it seems to fill a spot for her
- happiness comes silver and sparkly. At least I have her old laptop
(plus a spare to cannibalise) to put a Linux on!

Thanks

James
--
james kilty