Re: [LUG] Floppy disks ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Wanted to upgrade the BIOS on an older motherboard I have... It needed a floppy drive - so I found one and cable... Then I looked for some media and failed miserably.

I'm not sure I've ever really used 3.5" media on a PC - ever...

Will wander up to my local electrics shoppie tomorrow to see if they have any lurking in a corner somewhere...

Gordon

I believe Staples still sell them, you could try Trago too. I know what you mean though, it's not the sort of thing that many people tend to have kicking around these days. Thank god newer motherboards seem to accept recovery by USB stick (although as you say it's an older board so you need a floppy). I have one or two floppies kicking around but I believe they aren't much cop anymore.

Rob