Re: [LUG] Security: Adobe reader the most targeted in malware campaigns

Rhia Knowles wrote:

On 24 March 2010 08:51, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Henry Bremridge wrote:

        Was amused to read the following

        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/09/adobe_reader_attacks/

        Adobe's ubiquitous Reader application has replaced Microsoft
        Word as the
        program that's most often targeted in malware campaigns,
        according to
        figures compiled by F-Secure.
        Files based on Reader were exploited in almost 49 per cent of the
        targeted attacks of 2009, compared with about 39 per cent that
        took
        aim at Microsoft Word. By comparison, in 2008, Acrobat was
        targeted in almost 29 per cent of attacks and Word was
        exploited by
        almost 35 per cent.

    And for my usual rant - why do people format their work for A4 - I
    havent seen a paper shaped screen for twenty years now....

Hey, my laptops screen is A4 Landscape shaped. Trim the margins off it fits perfectly!

Havent seen many landscaped documents fortunately!
Do people look at you funny when you lie down on the bus?
Tom te tom te tom