Re: [LUG] Recipes

Quoting Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>:

My wife has many handwritten recipe books, some inherited from previous
generations. Some of them are now getting somewhat tatty. I would like
to find a program to put them on computer. However I and my daughter use
Linux and the wife uses Windows (I know, but I can't get her to change).

I have looked around and found several possible programs, but they all
work from the HD. I have also looked for any programs that could be set
up on the family web site. That way we could all view them.

Any one have any suggestions for a suitable web program which I could
set up on our web site? I have had no luck so far. Perhaps they don't exist.

Thanks

Neil

I keep meaning to write one of these myself that would allow you to select a number recipes and then hand off to your favourite supermarket's API to purchase the ingredients or (if you're like me) print off a shopping list to take to the butchers/greengrocers etc.

Maybe that's a project to keep me occupied over the next couple of months whilst I look at DJango/Rails/Cake...

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx