Re: [LUG] web based control thing

On 10/03/2010 22:16, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just spotted this question on the chat room

is the site goto my pc

Paul

Do you mean being able to connect into your PC remotely from anywhere on the internet?

If so, yes there is (as far as I'm aware), GoToMyPC (which I believe you have to pay for after 30 days and just runs on Windows and Mac OS) and LogMeIn (again the server application only runs on Windows and Mac OS (although the client is Flash, ActiveX or HTML based, and there is a Firefox plugin for Linux in a .deb package).

Not so bad if you're remotely connecting to a Windows PC or Mac, but not much good if you need to remotely connect to a Linux box, maybe another solution for this would be VNC (possibly forwarded over SSH?) or FreeNX?

Rob