Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Hard drive evolution could hit XP]

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Anyone using ext4 yet?

Gordon

I'm using it on my notebook, in fact I'm using it for both my root and home partitions now where previously I was using it just for my root partition. My new external drive is formatted to ext3 (mainly because I want to be sure it'll work on pretty much any Linux box I stick it in).

Not had any problems, although I've heard horror stories about data loss, and also read other stories about performance issues due to tweaks to stop the data loss. So far though I haven't had any issues, even after accidentally killing the power a couple of times.

Rob