Re: [LUG] New Ubuntu light and dark themes for 10.04.

John Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 07:54 +0000, tom wrote:
Its a non-issue - its VERY easily customised. It just goes to show how far off track people are when it comes to computing - 'I dont like the colour'
Tom te tom te tom

I disagree, how many relatives/friends/work computers do you go to fix
and are still sat sporting the default XP theme after umpteen years.
Mention they can change the wallpaper (to a kids photo for eg) and they
go, "Cool!"

Some may simply not care about changing it, many just don't even
consider it possible or something they can be bothered to find out how.
That rather off colour puce/purple or whatever it is in 10.04 does look
a bit awful imo. Sure *we* will all change it... but without showing a
user how, many will just put up with it.

I do like the wallpaper though, perhaps just in a different hue would be
more my cup of tea.

Sorry its worse than I thought: "I dont like the colour and I cant be bothered to find out how to change it so I'll spend all day on the internet complaining about it". I seem to remember most £2500 training courses I used to go on for windows seemed to involve a day of 'how to personalise your desktop' no matter what the course was! What (if anything) do they teach in IT in school - how to write a cheque or how to hand over your credit card details?
Douglas Adams looks more like a prophet everyday.
Tom te tom te tom