Re: [LUG] OT: Browser choice screen update

Terry Hill wrote:
I fired up the remaining XP machine in the house today, and got the
latest set of updates, one of which is kb976002.

Once it's installed, it's non-removable apparently.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976002

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-Windows-7-Vista-and-XP-to-Get-Choice-Screen-for-the-Default-Browser-129930.shtml

I took a look at the update link, from what I can gather, it asks me
if I want to choose IE as my default browser or another one.

Can't see if it actually removes IE from my installation though or
just forces me to answer a question that I answered a long time ago
when I decided to stop using IE..
Using Windows 7 I haven't had the update at all. I suspect that's because I already have Firefox as my default browser, and it may only download on machines it recognises as having IE as the default. That makes sense in a way - why preach to the converted [and waste bandwidth]

Julian