Subject: [LUG] Any FreeSat HD users?
From: Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/03/2010 14.00

I don't have an "HD Ready" TV - it's a nice 36" widescreen TV - but it's
an older model - has a tube in it! Still great picture when playing DVDs -
but getting irritated with low-res/highly compressed images via
FreeSat/Sky...

So wondering if anyone knows of a HD FreeSat box that will down-scale to
normal TV - if this is possible and if this is actually worth it right
now, or am I just barking?

I've been browsing the freesat.co.uk site and do see some boxes with both
HDMI and Scart sockets, but there's no mention of down-scaling...

e.g.

   http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=products.ProductDetail&product_id=6

And even if it is possible, is down-scaled HD any better than SD stuff
broadcast over FreeSat/Sky?

Gordon