[LUG] Any FreeSat HD users?

I don't have an "HD Ready" TV - it's a nice 36" widescreen TV - but it's an older model - has a tube in it! Still great picture when playing DVDs - but getting irritated with low-res/highly compressed images via FreeSat/Sky...

So wondering if anyone knows of a HD FreeSat box that will down-scale to normal TV - if this is possible and if this is actually worth it right now, or am I just barking?

I've been browsing the freesat.co.uk site and do see some boxes with both HDMI and Scart sockets, but there's no mention of down-scaling...

e.g.

  http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=products.ProductDetail&product_id=6

And even if it is possible, is down-scaled HD any better than SD stuff broadcast over FreeSat/Sky?

Gordon