Re: [LUG] PC repairs (was Change of Web Host)

bas wrote:
On 02/23/2010 04:30 PM, Julian Hall wrote:
Any beep codes from the board that might give a clue as to what stage it fails? BIOS battery dead? Reverted to onboard peripherals that are dead?

Julian
Presuming when you hit the button some lights come on ? The bios battery wont stop it booting, just the time will be wrong for your programmes. what happens if you put the graphics card back in ? I would put money on it being the mobo,, they seem to either run for ever or just about till the guarantee runs out! I'm in the same boat at the mo with corrupt graphics, i have swapped the video card so know its not the card and the board (gigabyte) is 14 months old. Have ordered a new board and processor (phenom 2 x2 550 black edition).

Might be worth looking into if the board has a 3 year warranty, I know my MSI board which failed after about 12 months does have a 3 yr warranty (which reminds me, I should get in touch with MSI again, they fobbed me off the last time I contacted them about 12 months ago).

Rob