Re: [LUG] Change of Web Host

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Neil Stone wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have a web site with Amplifeye Solutions in Camborne as the host. They
have now told me that they are going to cease trading at the beginning
of April.

This means transferring to another host, of course. The people at
Amplifeye will help with any transfer. They have suggested another host
in Cornwall in case I wish to go to someone in the same area.

The one they have suggested is cornishhostingcompany.co.uk. Anyone know
anything about it?

What you say hosting, do you mean website/email or physical colo ?

I have my own web site via Amplifeye. I use it for email and also I have
a blog, a photoblog etc on it.

There are more web hosting companies than you can shake a stick at these days, and you'd probably be fine using the ones the dcglug is using (bitemark?) but if stuck then get in-touch, but I won't be as cheap as you can find online and I don't have cpanel.

(Wish I knew how hosting companies can give away cpanel - it costs $450 for a server license - so someone offering hosting for $10 a year will need 45 clients just to cover the cpanel costs - I guess they rely on having 1000's of clients per server...)

Gordon