Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 0-and x buttons gone missing

Dan Dart wrote:
That should be "metacity --replace &"
in case people go "????"

On 22 February 2010 14:52, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
<matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Just noticed all windows now have a little button and the square/minus
and
cross buttons have disappeared- cant find out how to get them back - any
ideas?
The same has happened to my ubuntu - I'm running Karmic (9.10).  My
menu's were reconfigured too, and I've lost the Ubuntu add/remove app
system (forgotten the name) normally at the bottom of the list.
Sounds like your window manager crashed.

press ALT+F2 and type "metacity --resplace &" if you were running Stock
GNOME or "compiz --replace &" if you had 3d graphics enabled.

The "&" is important.

Kind regards,

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.truthisfreedom.org.uk/

that no work:

Window manager warning: "(null)" found in configuration database is not a valid value for mouse button modifier Window manager warning: Could not parse font description "(null)" from GConf key /apps/metacity/general/titlebar_font Window manager warning: 0 stored in GConf key /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_size is out of range 1 to 128

???
Tom te tom te tom