[LUG] Prey lapptop tracking software

Hi folks,

I had an interesting mail through this morning about a little Open Source laptop
tracking app called Prey.

It's available for Linux, MacOS X, Windows and Android.

I haven't tried it yet but according to the web site, it can track your laptop (or I
guess desktop or Android mobile) by sending out e-mails detailing applications
running, network information, what desktop background is installed and if it's got a
webcam, a picture of the thief).

I'm going to give it a try later on, I realise it won't get past things like the
hard disk being reformatted but maybe it might offer a bit more of a chance to get a
stolen machine recovered.

Rob